*NEW* Shipping July 6th: "Nissan Z: 50 Years of Exhilarating Performance" by Peter Evanow
Book review by Peter Brock, team owner and manager of Brock Racing Enterprises (BRE) which won the Zs first two National Championships in 50 years ago in 1970 and 1971.
"Pete Evanow’s book Nissan
Z: 50 Years of exhilarating Performance, chronicles Nissan‘s Z history from
the point of its first sketches within Nissan to its latest limited edition 50thAnniversary
370Z, which I’m proud to say was an homage to those original Champion BRE
Datsun 240Zs. The breadth of the book is impressive, covering all the numerous
I learned a lot of insider Nissan history from this book. If
you are a fan of Z cars I know you’ll also find something special in these
pages. BRE is pleased to be able to offer this in-depth book on Nissan’s Z
Only time determines the status of a true classic. Designer
Yoshihiko Matsuo’s lines for Nissan’s iconic 240Z, penned back in the late ‘60s,
set the standard for a line of GT automobiles from Nissan that has endured for
more than fifty years. Understanding the importance of the 240Z and the men who
created its legendary history has now been presented in a new book by Pete
Evanow available directly from BRE, winner of the first two national
championships in the BRE Datsun 240Zs of 1970 and 1971.
The 240Z’s initial sales success literally changed Nissan’s image
overnight, and in so doing also raised respect for all Japanese-built cars in
America. Total sales of Nissan automobiles went from merely adequate to
incredible. A large part of Nissan’s success was its record in SCCA
competition. Until then no Japanese manufacturer had ever dared go head-to-head
with established champions Porsche and Triumph. I’m very proud of BRE to have
headed Nissan’s racing efforts on the west coast that eventually resulted in
two consecutive SCCA National Championships against the best from Germany and
the United Kingdom."
Shipping will begin July 6th, 2020. Special BRE Book Options:
- Book autographed by Peter Brock: If you would like your book autographed by BRE Team Owner and Manager, Peter Brock, select that option above.
- Book and BRE Product Packages: We are offering the book with some of our favorite BRE 240Z products, discounted in this package, such as (choose options above):
- An autographed archive photo (which also appears in the book)
- A very cool pair of BRE socks
- A special 3 vehicle 1:64 scale model set of the 50th Anniversary BRE Nissan 370Z, a matching Nissan Frontier truck and a matching Aerovault trailer (which Peter Brock designed in 2008)
It's the year of the Z!